The Charles County Arts Alliance (CCAA) wants you! If you are a leader and want to help promote the arts in our county, nominate yourself to serve on the CCAA Board of Directors!
What the CCAA is looking for:
CCAA is accepting self-nominations for the (3) Officers and (9) Directors of the CCAA for a two-year term of office, starting on July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2015. The (3) Officers are President, Vice President, and Secretary/Treasurer.
Nominations will be accepted from February 15, 2013 through March 15, 2013.
Do you qualify?
Nominations for Officers must be CCAA current members (dues paid) as of January 1, 2013.
Nominations for Directors must be CCAA current members (dues paid) by no later than the time the nomination is submitted.
Not a current member now, no problem! Become a member online here: www.charlescountyarts.org.
I DO qualify! How do I submit a self-nomination?
Please submit a typed brief written statement indicating: (1) why you are interested in serving as a CCAA Officer or Director; (2) your qualifications; and (3) which specific CCAA committee you are interested in leading or serving on. Send this written statement (not to exceed one page) to: email@example.com with the subject-line to read: Nomination for CCAA Board of Directors.
Here is what the CCAA Board job entails:
- Commit to the mission, goals, and objectives of the Charles County Arts Alliance.
- Commit to being a leader; CCAA Board positions are leadership positions.
- Commit the personal time required to:
- Attend monthly Board Meetings (12/year)
- Attend Board Retreats (2/year for full-day meeting), and participate in CCAA-sponsored cultural and membership events throughout the year.
- Serve on a "hands-on" Board; it is not an advisory group.
- Serve in a volunteer capacity; Board positions are not compensated.
- Chair or serve on one CCAA standing committee: Membership Committee, Budget and Finance Committee, Grant Committee, Events Committee, Outreach and Marketing Committee, Education Committee, ArtsFest Committee.
- The CCAA Nominating Committee will accept all self-nominations via email through the deadline of Friday, March 15, 2013.
- All nominations will be reviewed by the CCAA Nominating Committee.
- The final recommended slate of Officers and Directors will be presented for election and approval at the CCAA Annual Membership Meeting & Reception in May 2013 (specific date and time TBD). Please note that nominations will not be accepted from the floor at this meeting.
Thanks for your consideration!