Annmarie Sculpture Garden & Arts Center in Solomons, Maryland, is a busy and vibrant regional arts facility that offers a wide array of adult and children’s classes, including ceramics, painting, drawing, fiber, jewelry, glass, and more. All of our classes are taught in a relaxed and friendly arts environment.
*** We are seeking TEACHING ASSISTANTS & Instructors to teach a variety of classes at Annmarie.
TEACHING ASSISTANTS & Instructors are needed for the following classes:
· Schools’ Out program for kids – we are looking for TEACHING ASSISTANTS & Instructors for our day programs that run when public schools are closed. Typically, these programs are divided into a morning and afternoon program, each about 3 hrs long. If you enjoy working with kids and are fun and quirky, then please contact us about being a TEACHING ASSISTANT or Instructor! You can sign up for a 3 hour session or all day!
· Summer camps for kids – we need TEACHING ASSISTANTS & Instructors - our summer camp program has grown over the past few years! Each camp typically runs for one week. Each day of the camp is usually divided into a morning and afternoon session (each about 3 hrs long). If you enjoy working with kids and are fun and quirky, then please contact us about being a TEACHING ASSISTANT or Instructor! We have a flexible scheduling system that allows you to sign up to work a week of morning sessions or a week of afternoon sessions! We also need subs!
· Ceramics classes for kids – we are looking for fun and creative instructors for kids!
· Adult Jewelry classes – Instructors needed!
· Adult painting & drawing classes – Instructors needed!
Qualifications for TEACHING ASSISTANTS:
· We prefer to hire students who have had some experience working with kids or in a teaching environment, but enthusiasm and creativity can substitute for experience!
· You must be recent graduate, or in your junior or senior year of college, preferably pursuing an arts degree.
Qualifications for INSTRUCTORS:
· Depending on the class, we require anywhere from 2 to 5 years teaching experience
· A B.A. or M.A. in fine arts or related field; or equivalent in experience and background
To apply, please send the following materials to my attention at the mailing address listed above. DO NOT EMAIL:
-3 references (from college, work, etc)
-Your portfolio (please burn this onto a CD; we will not return the CD)
All applicants are subject to a background check.